Calendar of Events on Tybee Island
- A Christmas CarolNovember 30, 2017 – December 2, 2017FEFC Youth Ensemble Theater proudly presents “A Christmas Carol” at the Tybee Post Theater to welcome the holiday season. Three shows only! Thursday, November 30, Friday, December 1, and Saturday, December 2. Performances all at 7:30 pm
- Lights on For TybeeDecember 1, 2017
Join Tybee Island for the Lights on for Tybee Celebration. Complete with holiday lights, music and more! You are invited to partake in the festive island spirit as Mayor Buelterman lights the Christmas tree at the Roundabout. Following the lighting ceremony, the choir – led by performers with the Tybee Arts Performing Society will lead you from the tree to the steps of Historic Carbo House for holiday entertainment and good ole’ fashioned singalongs. The event starts at 6:30pm.
- Tybee Island Christmas Parade
- December 2, 2017Kick off the holiday season with Tybee’s own Christmas Parade! Parade begins at 1:00pm and starts at the 14th Street parking lot (behind Hotel Tybee), travels up Tybrisa to Butler Avenue. The parade ends at the Tybee Gym where children will have photo time with Santa!
- A Lighthouse ChristmasDecember 2, 2017 6:30 pm – December 16, 2017 8:30 pm
The Tybee Island Historical Society invites you to join them for a unique opportunity to travel back through time and experience the sights and customs of Christmas at the Tybee Island Light Station in the days of their last Lighthouse Keeper and his family. Enjoy holiday lights, carols, hot cider and the joy of the season by the warm glow of candlelight.
When: December 2, 9, 16 at 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm
$15.00 for Adults & $10.00 for children 5-17 (Children 4 and under free)
Space is limited. Please call 912-786-5801 for reservations.
9th Annual Lighted Boat Parade
December 3, 2017
9th Annual Lighted Boat Parade Boats will be festively floating down the Back River during high tide on Sunday, December 3rd. Parade starts at 5pm.
10th Annual Tybee Island Tour de Christmas Lights Parade
December 9, 2017
Join us Saturday, December 9th for the 10th Annual Tybee Island Tour de Christmas Lights Parade. Light up your bikes and golf carts to cruise the island for a night of holiday fun! The Tour de Christmas Lights parade will begin and end at A-J’s Dockside (1315 Chatham Avenue). Parade starts at 7pm.
Tybee’s First Annual Christmas Cabaret
December 16, 2017
This high energy, fun-filled Christmas Cabaret is presented by the Tybee Post Theater and hosted by Broadway entertainer Jim Wann and Savannah’s premier songstress Kim Pelote. You’ll hear holiday music galore – old standards and new favorites.
This one-of-a-kind holiday celebration also includes the Savannah-based barbershop quartet, Fully Invested; and the youth chorus from the Tybee Island Maritime Academy.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks 201731st Dec 2017 11:55 pm
1 Tybrisa Street, Tybee Island
Bring in 2018 with your friends and family on Savannah’s beach with a bang!
Tybee Polar Plunge 2018
1st Jan 2018 12:00 pm
1 Tybrisa Street, Tybee Island
The Tybee Polar Plunge returns to Tybee Island on January 1, 2018! Join thousands of people and take the plunge into the brisk Atlantic Ocean at 12:00 noon on New Year’s Day.